You’ll study aerospace structures and systems engineering, along with optional, specialist modules in areas such as aerodynamics and computational fluid dynamics, optimisation methods, rotary wing aircraft and propulsion. Our Aerospace Engineering Industrial Advisory Board is actively engaged in ensuring this course meets the needs of industry and reflects trends in the sector.
In addition to our advanced CAD facilities for design work, we have the latest industry-standard software for computational fluid dynamics and finite element modelling of material stress analysis, programming and structural and multidisciplinary optimisation.
The aerospace industry is one of the most successful parts of UK engineering and is truly global in nature.
You’ll be able apply the skills you gain from this course to numerous areas of the aerospace industry, such as aerospace fundamental research, airline management and operations, satellite operations, aerospace design and manufacture in both the civil and military environments as well as motorsport racing.
By taking the Aerospace Engineering programme from University of Leeds, you will develop skills that will allow you to enjoy a rewarding and challenging career, whether you choose to join an aerospace company in the UK – such as Airbus, BAE Systems or Rolls-Royce – or elsewhere in the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Aerospace Structures
- Professional Project
- Team Design Project
- Design Optimisation
- Aerodynamics and Aerospace Propulsion
- Engineering Computational Methods
- Engineering Psychology and Human Factors
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 752 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in aeronautical/ aerospace, mechanical, civil or general engineering. Successful applicants will have strong grades in relevant modules including advanced mathematics, strength of materials, dynamics and basic fluid mechanics. We may ask for further detailed module information if these are not clear on your transcript.
- All applicants will need to have GCSE English Language at grade C or above, or an appropriate English language qualification.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.