Alternatively, if you’re already a professional engineer in the materials sector, you’ll have the chance to expand your expertise to enhance your career prospects.
Core modules cover key topics such as materials structures, processing-structure-property relationships, characterisation and failure analysis. By taking the Materials Science and Engineering degree from University of Leeds you’ll also choose optional modules to focus your specialism to suit your own career plans and interests. Taught by experts in world-class facilities, you’ll gain the skills to thrive in a growing and fast-changing field.
There is an increasingly high demand for qualified materials scientists, materials engineers and metallurgists. Career prospects are excellent and cover a wide range of industries concerned with the research and development of new and improved materials, materials synthesis and commercial production, and materials exploitation in cutting-edge applications in engineering and technology.
This degree is accredited by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interdisciplinary Design Project
- Phase Transformations and Microstructural Control
- Materials Modelling
- Structure-Property Relationships
- Materials Selection and Failure Analysis
- Materials Structures and Characterisation
- Metals and Alloys
- Materials for Electronic Applications
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 125 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor degree with a 2:2 (hons) in engineering, a physical science or mathematics discipline.
- Applicants must have strong marks across a breadth of relevant modules, including mathematics and physical sciences.
- Relevant professional qualifications and experience may also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.