The Master in Economics and Finance (MEF) at Charles University aims to give the student a thorough grounding in both theoretical and applied economics. We put emphasis on developing abstract analytical reasoning, which allows our graduates to solve complex economic problems in various settings. The applicants must have solid background in Mathematics and good command of English. Courses are taught both by our faculty and professionals from the central bank, commercial banks and business analysts. Our graduates typically assume challenging positions in banking, consulting, investment funds, and public administration.
The applicants must have solid background in Mathematics and good command of English. Courses are taught both by members of the Institute of Economic Studies (IES) and external professionals from the central bank, commercial banks and business analysts. The graduates typically assume challenging positions in banking, consulting, investment funds and public administration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Econometrics
- Financial Markets
- Strategic Management
- Fiscal Policy, Public Debt and Sovereign Debt Ratings
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- February - early bird deadline (visa countries)
- April - regular deadline (non-visa countries)
- June - second early bird deadline (visa countries)
- August - second regular deadline (non-visa countries)
- November - the admission process starts for the following year
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 21 other Masters in Economics in Czech Republic
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The programme is open to students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent). Applicants with Bachelor degrees in economics, finance, business studies, mathematics, physics, or technical fields are especially welcomed.
- As the programme exposes students to advanced topics in economics and finance, applicants are required to have an excellent background in mathematics. They should have completed at least two terms of Bachelor level mathematics. Prior knowledge of Bachelor level economics or finance is an advantage, but it is not required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The Government of the Czech Republic is providing scholarships in support of the study of foreign nationals at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic. If you are coming from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Georgia, Cambodia, Moldova, Ukraine or Zambia, you can now apply for a full scholarship to cover your future studies in the Czech Republic! You just need to fulfil the conditions and fill in a form available by the end of September, 2020.
If you are not from the countries eligible for a full government scholarship, there are still ways to get a merit scholarship or help from Visegrad Fund.
See details on the ies.fsv.cuni.cz website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.