It aims to equip students with sufficient knowledge to analyze problems and use the skills they acquire in practice.
The study field thus reflects the growing demands of the energy sector for experts in political and strategic issues, who unite knowledge of international/political relations with technical, economic, and legal aspects of energy. Instruction takes on a critical, demanding form that develops students' analytical and conceptual abilities as well as their skills in communication, creativity, and teamwork.
Students become acquainted with the terminology, concepts, and methods used in energy security and international relations with the aim of their application in practice.
Graduates of Energy Policy Studies at Masaryk University can pursue a career in many fields; e.g. they may take part in the creation of energy legislation in the European Union, in the formation and implementation of state energy policies, in relevant areas of state administration, in analytical or foreign units of energy companies, or in media.
Due to the increasing importance of energy issues, positions can be searched for in diplomatic services or in international institutions, with special regard to the EU. Last but not least, graduates may also find jobs in research or in the academic sphere.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy Commodities
- Environmental Aspects of Energy
- Oil and Gas Industry
- U.S. Energy Policy: Development and Challenges
- Energy in the Region: Czech Republic and its Neighbours
- Social Science Methodology
- CEE- Russia Energy relations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy Terrorism & Security View 5 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The program is open to students holding a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in the social sciences (political science, International Relations, European studies, and related disciplines, including history, law, economics, etc.) or the humanities from a recognized institution of higher education. Applicants must have a good command of the English language.
- Students are evaluated and admitted on the basis of the documents they submit and the entrance interviews; the evaluation scale is 0 - 100 points with 60 as the passing level.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.