It aims to equip students with sufficient knowledge to analyze problems and use the skills they acquire in practice. The study field thus reflects the growing demands of the energy sector for experts in political and strategic issues, who unite knowledge of international/political relations with technical, economic, and legal aspects of energy. Instruction takes on a critical, demanding form that develops students' analytical and conceptual abilities as well as their skills in communication, creativity, and teamwork. Students become acquainted with the terminology, concepts, and methods used in energy security and international relations with the aim of their application in practice.Graduate destination
During their studies, students are encouraged to select a topic of their interest and focus on it by selecting relevant courses and internships and through their master's theses. Depending on the gained expertise, they pursue careers e.g. in government offices & ministries, energy companies, consultancy companies, non-profit & special interest groups, or research & academia. Furthermore, as the knowledge of complex systems and analytical and critical thinking are universally applicable, the future career options widely exceed those offered in the energy field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring Energy Policy: An Introduction
- Energy Commodities
- Energy Policy of the European Union
- Introduction to Economics
- U.S. Energy Policy: Development and Challenges
- Energy in International Law
- Economics of Energy Corporations
- International Relations Theory and Energy Security
- Energy Relations in Asia
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy Terrorism & Security
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The program is open to students holding a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in the social sciences (political science, International Relations, European studies, and related disciplines, including history, law, economics, etc.) or the humanities from a recognized institution of higher education.
- Applicants must have a good command of the English language. Students are evaluated and admitted on the basis of the documents they submit and entrance video-interviews.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.