The Energy Policy Studies programme from Masaryk University uniquely combines political science with elements of environmental science, law, economics and science and technology studies, providing the students with a comprehensive set of skills and ensuring their ability to make a difference in their future careers.
During the studies, students will be introduced to a large variety of intriguing topics such as energy & sustainability, environment & climate change, economic development & energy poverty, geopolitics of energy supply & energy security, innovation & technological development, or energy markets & trading. Students can choose to specialize in a few or just one topic. For example by selecting specific internships or in-class projects on specific topics, or build up a comprehensive knowledge of the whole field.
The programme requires no specific previous knowledge. Our students include graduates from not only social sciences fields such as politics, economics, geography, environmental studies, but also from law, engineering, and natural sciences. The only prerequisites are critical thinking, an active approach to studies, and the ability to work in a team. Everything else you will learn with us.
The graduates work for government institutions, energy regulatory authorities, energy corporations, consultancy companies, non-profit organizations & special interest groups, or in research & academia.
- Academic Skills Review
- Exploring Energy Security
- Economics of Energy Corporations
- Energy Security of the USA
- Environmental Aspects of Energy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Environmental Economics & Policy Public Policy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Masaryk University and/or in Czech Republic, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The program is open to students holding a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from a recognized institution of higher education. Each application must include English language curriculum vitae, cover letter, official transcript of records, and a sample of academic writing in the extent of an essay. It is highly recommended to also include a proof of proficiency in English at the B2 level or higher.
- After completing the application, prospective students are invited for an online interview with members of the admission board. The interview typically takes about 20 minutes and serves to clarify whether the applicant fits the program, whether the program is a good fit for the applicant, and to verify English language competence.
- Essay: Pick a topic in (international) energy politics.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.