This highly flexible Advanced Mechanical Engineering course from University of Sheffield is designed to strengthen your knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering. It offers a wide selection of optional modules, allowing you to tailor your studies to reflect your interests, and graduates go on to work in many areas of engineering.
- You’ll also have the chance to further explore a subject that interests you through your individual research project.
- To give you a fair chance of succeeding on your course, we need to make sure you have enough experience in relevant subjects. All of our MSc courses are designed for students who have completed a degree similar to our BEng Mechanical Engineering.
- Accredited degrees fulfil the academic requirements necessary for membership of the IMechE and to obtain Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
- All of our courses are accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineering (IMechE).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MSc Individual Research Project
- Professional Development Portfolio
- Masters Research Mini Project
- Technical Communication for Mechanical Engineers
- Strategic Engineering Management and Business Practices
- Experiments and Valid Computer Models
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 174 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering or a related subject.
- If you have a qualification in another science/engineering subject, such as maths or physics, or you have relevant professional experience, we’ll also consider your application.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.