Governments and nonprofit organizations face a host of complex policy and management challenges. Graduates of UND's Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) program learn to navigate those. Because each class is available on campus or online, you'll be able to study while keeping your current job.
Why Earn a Master's in Public Administration at University of North Dakota?
UND's M.P.A. program is offered either in person or online. Whether you attend on campus or stream your class via the Internet, you'll interact with faculty members and other students. That flexibility means you can earn a top-ranked degree no matter where you live, and pay in-state tuition. While the M.P.A. degree is similar, in some respects, to a M.B.A, it specifically prepares you to address the strategic challenges facing government and non-profit organizations. You'll confront issues such as ethics, management, leadership and other topics specific to public policy.
In additional to the general track, our flexible curriculum offers defined tracks in health administration and social entrepreneurship. If you aren't ready to commit to a full master's program, consider a graduate certificate in Policy Analysis, Public Administration or Social Entrepreneurship.
- Public Administration
- Administrative Internship
- Independent Study
- Government & Business
- Legislative & Executive Processes
- Public Policy
- Administrative Ethics in the Public Sector
- Problems in State & Local Government
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Public Administration View 1581 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75 for all undergraduate work or a GPA of at least 3.0 for the junior and senior years of undergraduate work (based on A=4.00).
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test scores submitted for review. The GRE requirement may be waived at the discretion of the MPA Program Director in accordance with program criteria. The decision of the MPA Program Director is final.
- Twenty credit hours in the social sciences, business administration, and related fields.
- Students who do not meet requirements, 5 and 6, will be given the opportunity to fulfill them.
International23390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23390 USD per year during 24 months.
National17542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17542 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11695 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11695 USD per year during 24 months.
- Minnesota residents: 14,852.88 USD per year
Living costs for Grand Forks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.