The M.Ed. in Elementary Education from UND is ideal for licensed teachers and other education professionals who are seeking advanced knowledge in best practices in teaching, assessment, curriculum development and working with diverse students.
Why Study Elementary Education at University of North Dakota?
Designed for licensed teachers, the M.Ed. in Elementary Education prepares you to take your teaching skills to the next level.
There is no better place to be than UND for learning how to make a positive difference in the lives of students. As a graduate of this program, you will have advanced skills in pedagogy, content knowledge and more confidence in your ability to:
- Improve student achievement and provide quality education to diverse students
- Create supportive and productive learning environments
- Develop a deeper understanding of the teaching and learning process
- Make a broader contribution to the profession of education
The M.Ed. also offers a highly competitive Elementary Education Resident Teacher Program, a one-year program that allows first-year teachers to earn a master's degree while teaching in their own classroom in the Grand Forks Public Schools.
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior.
- Technology and Information Systems.
- Seminar Educational Leadership.
- Effective Administrative Communications.
- Research, Measurement, and Program Evaluation.
- Leading Curriculum and Learning.
- Supervision and Staff Development.
- Education Law and Ethics.
- Education Finance and Policy.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Teaching View 137 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Teacher Licensure
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75 for all undergraduate work or a GPA of at least 3.0 for the junior and senior years of undergraduate work (based on A= 4.00)
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies’ English Language Proficiency requirements
- What have you already done professionally or personally of which you are proud? Please include a chronological history of all professional teaching and administration experience, as well as academic honors or achievements you have earned
- Describe several personal and professional goals you would like to achieve in the next five years. Include in your description reasons why these goals are important to you
International8096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 506 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 506 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.