The Master of Education (Research) at University of New England provides a program of independent, supervised research for high calibre graduates to make a substantial and original contribution to scholarship and mastery of an academic field of knowledge. The Master of Education (Research) is designed so graduates will undertake supervised study of which two thirds will be devoted to research, research training and independent study.
Research pathway which may lead directly into Doctoral programs.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- exhibit a mastery of an Education field of knowledge by:
- (a) having systematically acquired intellectual skill and experience that is grounded in contemporary developments in an Education field;
- (b) creating and communicating scholarship of a quality to satisfy peer review, extending the frontier of the field of knowledge and potentially meriting publication; and
- (c) demonstrating knowledge of research principles and methods applicable in advanced academic inquiry;
- 18 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 222 other Masters in Education in Australia
CRICOS Code 008627M
1. Admission to candidature in the degree of Master of Education (Research) (MEd(Res)) may be approved by the Committee only when the Head of School has:
(a) certified that the necessary facilities and appropriate support for the applicant undertaking the proposed Master of Education (Research) program are available; and
(b) nominated an appropriate Principal Supervisor and Co-supervisor(s) in accordance with Rule 5.
International24990 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24990 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
national fee- $2,904 per 6cp
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.