The teaching staff are research active and the students will benefit from our wide range of research activities and contacts in the UK and overseas.
By joining the teaching and research experiences of five European leading educational institutions, this unique course will constitute an in-depth educational programme with inherent impetus to stay at the forefront of research-based teaching strongly linked to realities in many European and non-European countries.
The SUFONAMA course is offered by a consortium consisting of five institutions:
- Danish Centre for Forest, Landscape and Planning,Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark,
- School of the Environment and Natural Resources, Bangor University, Bangor, Wales, UK,
- of Forest Sciences and Ecology, University of Goettingen, Faculty Goettingen, Germany,
- Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Alnarp, Sweden, and
- Faculty of Agriculture, University of Padova, Padova, Italy.
Careers and Employability
There are excellent employment opportunities in the broad area of forestry including national government, international organisations and consultancies. Many recent SUFONAMA graduates have gone on to do PhD research.
The Sustainable Forest and Nature Management (SUFONAMA) (Erasmus Mundus Course) is offered at Bangor University.
This course is accredited by the Institute of Chartered Foresters and gives partial fulfilment of Professional Membership Entry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Forest Resource Assessment
- Natural Resource Management
- Location Specific Knowledge and fieldwork in temperate forest and nature management
- Contemporary temperate forest and nature management: climate change and management strategies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Forestry View 61 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in United Kingdom
- Entry to SUFONAMA requires a good first degree in a relevant subject, or second class honours degree in a relevant subject with a minimum of two years relevant experience in forestry, agriculture or other land use related work in a position of demonstrable responsibility.
- Relevant professional experience should be supported by additional evidence such as authorship of appropriate professional reports or a record of active membership of a relevant professional organisation or International Scientific Society. In general, however, applicants are judged on their individual merits and age, work experience and other factors are also considered.
International17800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17800 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.