The modules in the Professional Studies in Education course from The Open University UK available cover a range of areas within education but all encourage you to draw on your own experiences and undertake enquiry in your own context.
You may also qualify for this postgraduate certificate course if you do not complete a full masters degree in education.
Key features of the course
- Offers a rich diversity of modules to suit your professional requirements and interests
- Has an emphasis on professional development through collaborative learning
- Develops and consolidates advanced scholarship and independent learning in the context of your own practice
- Can be used as the first stepping stone towards the MA or MEd in Education on completion
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessmentThe learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Key skills
Career relevanceThroughout the world there is an increasing demand for creative, innovative education professionals who have highly developed skills and a deep understanding of learning; in many countries a postgraduate qualification is becoming essential for career advancement in education and training settings.This qualification is designed to enrich your knowledge and improve your professional practice. On completing your studies, you should be able to:
- demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems at a professional or equivalent level
- reflect critically and constructively, in the light of ideas and frameworks presented in the modules and how these apply to your practice and organisational context
- exercising initiative and personal responsibility
- the ability to make decisions in complex and unpredictable situations
- the ability to draw on appropriate research and ethical understanding
- the production of reports/outputs for academic and professional purposes.
- Addressing inequality and difference in educational practice
- Educational leadership: agency, professional learning and change
- Applied linguistics and English language
- Learning and teaching: educating the next generation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Educational Research View 126 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- To study for this postgraduate certificate course you must hold a bachelors degree from a UK university or other recognised degree-awarding body, or a qualification at equivalent level.
International3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3240 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3240 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!