It will help you to develop a good grounding in the theory and practice of managing and leading, covering the core functions and disciplines of management and helping you make the connections between them. It also provides a framework for a year-long process of professional development. You'll be challenged to actively engage with a wide variety of ideas and develop a repertoire of techniques and approaches best suited to your own situation and management context.
Key features of the Certificate in Business Administration qualification from The Open University UK
- Helps you select and adapt techniques and approaches appropriate to your own situation, and to reflect critically on your own and others’ practice
- Explores diverse perspectives and approaches in different organisational, cultural and global contexts
- Increases your ability to work confidently across sectoral and national boundaries
- Enhances your ability to plan and implement change which will have real impact within your own organisational context.
The Open University Business School is one of an elite group of schools worldwide accredited by the three leading international accrediting bodies – AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS – hallmarks of quality of teaching, learning materials and qualification impact. It is home to almost 27,000 successful MBA graduates representing 119 countries.
This certificate is designed for professionals from a wide range of contexts and backgrounds who need actively to engage with the challenges of twenty-first century management. It will enable you to develop your management skills and knowledge of management frameworks, theories and tools and to use these appropriately in order to make a real difference in your own practice.
Programme StructureCompulsory modules:
- Managing in a changing world
- Creating and sustaining value
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration View 252 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- You will need a minimum of three years’ experience in a managerial, professional or technical role, so that you have a practical business base on which to build your learning.
Also depending on your previous qualifications, you can start this postgraduate certificate if you hold either of the following:
- an honours degree awarded by a recognised UK university, or equivalent. Various higher education and professional qualifications are considered equivalent to an honours degree. Please contact us if you hold a qualification that you believe is an equivalent level to a UK degree, to ensure that it meets the requirements for admission.
- our Professional Certificate in Management (S01) (previously coded C31). Both are now discontinued.
International7630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7630 GBP per year during 6 months.
National7630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7630 GBP per year during 6 months.
The total cost you pay for your qualification is dependent on the modules you choose to study. With us, you pay for your modules as you study them, rather than the whole qualification up front.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.