This may include working with children, families, older people or individuals with mental health problems or learning disabilities.
The focus of this professionally-accredited Social Work course at London Metropolitan University is to help you develop practical skills that are necessary for a successful career in the health and social care sector. Training is based on up-to-date research, academic theories, policy and legislation. You’ll develop knowledge in a number of relevant subjects including the application of law, assessment and planning, human growth and development, research evaluation, safeguarding vulnerable adults and children, as well as social work theory.
After the course
You will be qualified to practise social work (subject to the requirements of registration with Social Work England) and be eligible to become a member of the British Association of Social Workers. This is of major importance to your career as a social worker.
Because of the diverse topics taught on this course, you'll have the benefit of being able to work in multiple fields of social work.
Our graduates have taken up posts in both statutory and non-statutory settings and with different care groups. These include working with children and families, mental health settings, working with older people and supporting those with learning disabilities.
The Social Work MSc is accredited by Social Work England. You must successfully complete and pass all your assessments to register as a social worker with the organisation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessment Planning and Professional Ethics
- Communication, Skills and Values in Social Work
- Critical Aspects of Human Growth and Development
- Practice Learning
- Professional Law for Social Work
- Safeguarding Children and Adults
- Social Work Theories and Perspectives
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
DisciplinesSocial Work Coaching Counselling View 250 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
You will be required to have:
- a second class honours degree (2.2) or above
- GCSE Mathematics and English at grade C/grade 4 Functional Skills English Level 2 and Maths Level 2 (or equivalent)
- employers references are needed to demonstrate a minimum of 12 weeks previous experience (at the point of application) either in a paid or voluntary capacity of working directly with vulnerable people normally within a social care or health context
- an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
International8270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8270 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8270 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.