The taught modules of Food Science MSc at University College Cork are assessed by examination in Winter, Spring and Summer. The research aspect is assessed on the quality of a substantial written dissertation.
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- conduct original research in food science
- demonstrate an understanding of scientific literature
- apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills in food science
- explain the techniques used in food research, in both principle and practice
- communicate effectively with the food industry and with society at large
- show a comprehensive understanding of current food consumer and food industry trends
- Food Business: Markets and Policy
- Advanced Analytical Methods
- Cereals and Related Beverages
- Microbial Food Safety
- Functional Foods for Health
- Hygienic Production of Food
- Public Health Nutrition
- Sensory Analysis in Nutrition
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Food Sciences View 107 other Masters in Public Health in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must be holders of a minimum Second Class Honours Grade I in a primary BSc honours degree (NFQ, Level 8) or equivalent qualification, in a discipline with a significant element of laboratory science. However, candidates with equivalent academic qualifications may be accepted subject to the approval of College under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
International23100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6880 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6880 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.