The Strategic Product Design programme of the International Hellenic University provides graduates from various disciplines with a key set of skills, hands-on experience on advanced software along withstate-of-the-art 3D equipment and management of operations knowledge for real world projects , which are crucial to achieve success in their chosen career. In particular, the MSc invests in innovation and trains students in various technical, economic, managerial and business aspects of 3D printing, a disruptive technology which is expected to replace in the future certain traditional production methods, reform the whole industrial process chain and also create a new innovative industry.
- Product and Services Management
- Product Creativity and Design
- Industrial Design and Innovation
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the programme are summarized as follows:
- Understanding of the current status and future trends in product design
- Hands-on experience on advanced software and state-of-the-art equipment
- Collaborations and consultation with design and engineering companies
- Marketing and branding of new products
- Interdisciplinary approach to design thinking
- Management of operations knowledge for real world projects
- Innovation driven design and entrepreneurship
- An insight into production techniques and modern applications
- Design and managementleadership
Graduates of the MSc in Strategic Product Design can indicatively follow the career paths listed below:
- Positions in companies requiring design and management leadership
- Positions in design studios - engaging in various stages of the product development process, from concept to detail design and analysis
- Positions in companies producing industrial products such as electrical and electronic devices, clothing, food (packaging design), mechanical components, plastics etc.
- Positions in consulting companies dealing with product design, product development, entrepreneurship and innovation
- Research positions – conducting research and pursuing Doctoral studies in the field of design
- Teaching positions in Higher Educational Institutions, secondary education, technical and vocational training, public and private education at a theoretical, technical and applied level
- Positions in innovative knowledge-intensive start-up companies (or creation of their own start-up companies) where skilled knowledge is needed in order to understand the opportunities and challenges provided by new digital design and manufacturing technologies (e.g. 3D printing) as well as the management of disruptive technologies in terms of financial figures, costing and management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Product Design
- New Product Development
- Marketing Analysis and Brand Research Strategy
- Design and Production
- Strategies for Extroversion
- 3D Computer Aided Design
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
as early as possible
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Strategic Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A completed application form, including personal statement (500 words)All candidates should have a good university degree in a relevant subject from a recognised University. In evidence of this, candidates should provide the following:
- For graduates of Greek Universities, a clearly legible photocopy or scanned copy of your degree certificate and transcripts, detailing the courses studied and grades attained.
- For graduates of non-Greek institutions, certified copies of your degree certificate and transcripts are required, detailing the courses studied and grades attained.
Two academic references
Proof of competence in English
Two recent passport-size photographsA copy of your CV
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Thessaloníki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.