The Machine Learning and Data Mining program at Jean Monnet (Saint-Étienne) provides an original scientific position in Europe on problems related to machine learning, pattern recognition, classification, modelling, knowledge extraction and data mining. These issues have a strong employability potential for students trained in the fields of data science, prediction, data analysis or decision support, as well as in the area of the Web, image and video processing, health informatics, fraud and anomaly detection, etc.
Courses are taught in English and are structured according to the European Credit Transfer System with 120 credits over four semesters of full-time studies.
Applicants with at least a BSc degree level (180 ECTS) or equivalent, in computer science, statistics, mathematics or equivalent are invited to apply. International students’ applications are very welcome (see Mobility Grants) and the selection committee will assess the equivalence for admission to the Master MLDM.
Thanks to many Erasmus agreements signed with foreign institutions (in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, etc.), MLDM students will have the opportunity (and even will be stongly encouraged) to spend the third semester abroad in Universities that offer closely related master programs in Machine Learning and Data Mining. Among them:
- Katholieke Universteit Leuven (Belgium) - Master in Computer Science (AI track).
- Universiteit Leiden (Netherlands) - Master in Computer Science.
- University of Freiburg (Germany) - Master in Computer Science (Cognitive Technical Systems & Information Systems tracks).
- University of Torino (Italy) - Master in Stochastics and Data Science
Technische Universitat Wien (Austria) - Master in Visual Computing
MLDM (Machine Learning and Data Mining) is an international master program of University Jean Monnet (UJM) and the Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne. It leads to the award of the French national master degre in Computer Science as well as the University Diploma in Machine Learning and Data Mining of the University Jean Monnet.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced algorithmics
- Calculability and Complexity Theory
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Data Analysis
- Semantic Web
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Foreign Language
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Machine Learning - Fundamentals and algorithms
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 74 other Masters in Computer Sciences in France
- Diploma prerequisite: BSc degree level (i.e. 180 ECTS) in computer science, statistics or mathematics.
- The applicant must have at least a C average on ECTS grading scale, or equivalent, during their undergraduate studies. The MLDM steering committee reserves the right to moderate this criterion according to the prestige of the diploma or the ranking of the University of Origin.
International750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 500€ int the second year
Living costs for Saint-Étienne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
University Jean Monnet Foundation scholarships – “International attractiveness”> granted for the first year of the programme> 6,000 € granted to best applicants (80% transfered upon arrival, 20% at the end of the academic year)IDEXLYON scholarships > 800€/ month during 10 months : 8000€MANUTECH SLEIGHT Graduate School scholarships >8000€ (25% upon display of school certificate and a French Bank account, 25% paid in December, on condition of attendance at courses, 25% paid in March on condition of attendance at courses and 25% paid at the end of the academic year and will be conditioned to participation at all exams)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.