With Education masters degree at University College Cork programme, students can design their own special programme from the available modules to suit their own professional specialisation, research areas and personal interests. However, students should note that a minimum and maximum quota of students will be applied to each module. In 2021, selection of students was based on teaching qualification, academic record, professional experience and the online supplementary Candidates Statement submitted
M.Ed degree graduates have gone on to other posts in the education sector, e.g. school Principals, the inspectorate, college lectureships, research positions and the professional development service for teachers.
- Children’s Literature and Pedagogy
- Second/Foreign Language Teaching
- Early Childhood Studies
- Digital Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 36 other Masters in Education in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To apply for entry to the M.Ed degree modular programme you must hold:
- a primary degree and the Professional Master of Education (formerly the Postgraduate/Higher Diploma in Education) with a Second Class Honours in one (or its' equivalent)
- or have a Second Class Honours BEd degree, (or its' equivalent)
- or have a Second Class Honours BSc (Education in Physical Sciences), (or its' equivalent)
- or have a Second Class Honours Grade I in a primary honours degree (NFQ, Level 8) BA (Hons) Degree in Early Years & Childhood Studies (or its' equivalent)
EU/EEA1125 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1125 EUR per module during 12 months.
Fee per 15 credit module.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.