The MSc Accounting and Finance offered at the Aberdeen Business School - Robert Gordon University aims to produce independent thinkers who are able to deal with the complexity of the accounting and finance challenges facing organisations, either domestically or internationally.
The course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and independent thinking abilities which are essential for developing a career in the accounting sector, within banking and financial institutions, or in the field of corporate finance.
You will develop key transferable skills in relation to the sourcing, recording, interpretation and application of accounting and finance information for use in decision making.
This course offers the opportunity to extend your study by a year to complete a 48 week work placement. Evidence suggests that graduates who can demonstrate relevant work experience have a better chance of securing a graduate level job.
At Aberdeen Business School, we are in the business of changing your tomorrow.
Once graduated, you will be able to progress into a career in the accounting sector, within banking/financial institutions or in the field of corporate finance within the public and private sectors, including in industries such as Energy, Oil and Gas, Construction, Tourism.
Given the nature of modern business, you will also be able to develop a career in general management or management consultancy, or enter into academia and undertake further research leading to a PhD.
- Financial Reporting and Forecasting
- Financial Information and Decision Making
- Finance Theory
- Quantitative Methods For Finance
- Management Accounting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Deadlines are agreed for individual courses. Make sure you apply in time to be sure of your chance of a place.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Accounting View 753 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- Applicants normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or its equivalent in any subject discipline.
- Applicants with a lower degree classification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- International students who do not meet our direct entry requirements for this course can gain additional entry points through our International College at Robert Gordon University.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Per Placement Year £5,500
- Online £12,000/year
- Rest of UK and EU students £8,000/ year
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.