You do not need to have studied psychology to be eligible for this Psychology Psychology degree offered at the University of Westminster. However, you should note that it is an intensive course and requires hard work and independent study outside the contact hours – full-time study IS full-time. We welcome applications from graduates with upper second class degrees who have either completed a degree in another subject or who have insufficient psychology in their degree to be eligible for GBC.
You will take modules at Masters level in core areas of psychology, as specified by the BPS. You will also take one option module in psychology from a selection available within the department. We offer a work experience in psychology module as an option for those who would like to gain valuable experience in the work place.
Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist. It is the prerequisite for progression to Postgraduate professional training in psychology and subsequent registration as a Chartered Psychologist working in any of the fields of professional psychology – including clinical, counselling, educational, occupational, and health psychology.
It is a requirement for Masters and Doctorate courses in Psychology that lead to professional qualifications such as Doctorates in Counselling, Clinical and Educational Psychology, and Masters courses in Organisational/Occupational Psychology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developmental and Differential Psychology
- Fundamentals of Psychology
- Project for Psychology MSc
- Psychobiology and Cognitive Psychology
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Social Psychology and Conceptual Issues in Psychology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 1324 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1). In exceptional circumstances, applicants with a lower second class honours degree (2:2) will be considered if the first degree is more than 10 years old, and there is a strong professional experience subsequently; OR with a postgraduate certificate (eg PGCE).
- As statistical procedures are a key element of Psychology, we require applicants to demonstrate competence in mathematics, for example through having obtained GSCE mathematics (or equivalent). We also encourage applicants to provide evidence of interest in the discipline of psychology and reflection on the ways that their experience to date would enable them to succeed at Masters level.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
As well as tuition fee loans, there is a range of funding available to help you fund your studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.