You do not need to have studied psychology to be eligible for this Psychology Psychology degree offered at the University of Westminster. However, you should note that it is an intensive course and requires hard work and independent study outside the contact hours – full-time study IS full-time. We welcome applications from graduates with upper second class degrees who have either completed a degree in another subject or who have insufficient psychology in their degree to be eligible for GBC.
You will take modules at Masters level in core areas of psychology, as specified by the BPS. You will also take one option module in psychology from a selection available within the department. We offer a work experience in psychology module as an option for those who would like to gain valuable experience in the work place.
Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist. It is the prerequisite for progression to Postgraduate professional training in psychology and subsequent registration as a Chartered Psychologist working in any of the fields of professional psychology – including clinical, counselling, educational, occupational, and health psychology.
It is a requirement for Masters and Doctorate courses in Psychology that lead to professional qualifications such as Doctorates in Counselling, Clinical and Educational Psychology, and Masters courses in Organisational/Occupational Psychology.
- Developmental and Differential Psychology
- Fundamentals of Psychology
- Project for Psychology MSc
- Psychobiology and Cognitive Psychology
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Social Psychology and Conceptual Issues in Psychology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 1250 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Normally considering applications from graduates with a recognised university degree at Upper-Second Class Honours level or above (or equivalent). Applicants who have taken an Honours programme but only obtained a pass/ordinary/aegrotat degree will not be eligible for the course.
- As statistical procedures are a key element of Psychology, we require applicants to demonstrate competence in mathematics, for example through having obtained GSCE mathematics (or equivalent).
- Encouraging applicants to provide evidence of interest in the discipline of psychology and reflection on the ways that their experience to date would enable them to succeed at Masters level.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-Time (Price per 20-credit module)
- UK/EU: £1,000
- International: £1,500
As well as tuition fee loans, there is a range of funding available to help you fund your studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.