The block attendance mode for this Air Transport Planning and Management degree at the University of Westminster is not compatible with visa restrictions for international students. Therefore, this mode of attendance is not available for international students requiring a visa. The block mode of attendance is still available to UK and EU students. International students can still apply for our full-time course.
The course builds on the successful series of aviation short courses that have attracted participants from around the globe to the University each year. The Department has a long-established interest in air transport research, consultancy and teaching, having been set up by the renowned aviation academic Professor Rigas Doganis some 40 years ago. The University's association with aviation goes back much further, however, as it was here in the 19th century that Sir George Cayley first demonstrated the principles of flight.
- If you are a full-time student without a background in the air transport industry, you will be well placed to take up a junior position in a planning, management and operational role with airlines and airports after completing the course. You will also be well equipped for employment as an analyst with consultancies, government bodies and aircraft manufacturers.
- If you have an industry background you should be able to return to your position with new skills and understanding, plus a greater maturity of approach. You will be well placed to move into senior managerial, policy or research functions. The competitive nature of the industry will also provide many new opportunities for suitably qualified personnel.
- A strong performance on the MSc can provide you with the opportunity to study further by registering for a research degree in the Department of Planning and Transport.
- Graduates will also be equipped with the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to participate in the activities of professional bodies such as the Air Transport Research Society, the German Aviation Research Society and AirNeth.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Air Transport Economics
- Air Transport Forecasting and Market Research
- Air Transport Management and Operations
- Research Dissertation
- Air Transport Policy and Planning
- Airline Marketing and Business Models
- Airport Finance and Strategy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Management Studies Transport Management View 1550 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2). If you do not have formal academic qualifications we will consider an application if you have substantial (normally at least three years) relevant work experience in the air transport industry.
- If you do not have formal academic qualifications, but you have professional qualifications, an application will be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.