The objective is a history that is fully contextualised, culturally significant and academically grounded. It will consist of six modules. The modules will run consecutively; three during semester one and two during semester two. Students wishing to attend summer school may take one of the Spring semester modules (People on the move: studying migration) on campus. Students are also invited to UL campus for orientation week.
Both on campus experiences are optional. Independent research will form the core of one module in the second semester and the dissertation (20, 000 words) will be completed and submitted at the end of August in year one with a Winter graduation. Students wishing to take the programme on a part-time basis over two years will complete the dissertation in year two of the programme.
The aim of the History of the Family (Online) programme is
- To provide those interested in the history of the family with an opportunity to obtain formal training in the methodologies and concepts of the history of the family.
- To contribute to and support each student's personal quest for intellectual and moral autonomy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the History of Family
- Sources & Techniques in the History of Family
- Linking Families to Communities
- People on the move: studying migration (available as summer school module)
- Research Seminar in the History of the family
- People on the Move: Studying Migration
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable)
- English language qualification(s) (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your birth certificate
International12884 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12884 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5912 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5912 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.