The objective is a history that is fully contextualised, culturally significant and academically grounded.
- To provide those interested in the history of the family with an opportunity to obtain formal training in the methodologies and concepts of the history of the family.
- To contribute to and support each student's personal quest for intellectual and moral autonomy
This History of the Family programme offered by University of Limerick will equip students with the necessary skills for careers in the heritage, archival or library sectors as well as careers in higher education and teaching in primary and post-primary schools.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the history of the family,
- Sources and techniques in the history of the family,
- Linking families to communities
- Studying migration,
- Research Seminar in the history of the family,
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Applications for EU students are accepted on a rolling basis
DisciplinesHistory View 35 other Masters in History in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable)
- English language qualification(s) (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your birth certificate or passport
International12884 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12884 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5912 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5912 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.