- Physics of Fluids
- Nanoelectronic Materials
- Applied Nanophotonics
- Soft Matter
- Energy Materials and Systems
The themes that are covered within the programme are in perfect alignment with these five research clusters.
Approximately half of our graduates work in Research & Development departments at a university, research institute or centre of expertise (e.g. TNO, ECN, CERN) or at a corporate Research & Development department (e.g. Philips Natlab, Shell, Océ), developing new materials, new technology, or new products, for example for space travel or medical science.
Many Applied Physics graduates pursue their scientific studies at doctorate level, conducting independent research for four years under the guidance of a professor, and writing and defending a PhD dissertation. You can pursue a PhD at the University of Twente or at any other university in The Netherlands or abroad.
Some graduates pursue a career in engineering or manufacturing. In engineering, you design new products or production processes, working for a major company or as an independent adviser. In manufacturing, the focus is on innovations in the production process.
This programme holds NVAO accreditation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first year of this Master's programme you will take four general science courses related to physics theory, mathematical techniques, applied physics and experimental physics.
- Together these compulsory courses form the main thread of the programme. The four courses are divided over the four quartiles.
- As a result, you and your fellow students will get together on a regular basis throughout the first year. Another part of the year consists of specialization courses closely linked to the research you are intersted in, the final third is completely elective.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 32 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics
- Knowledge of the following topics: Calculus and Analysis, Linear Algebra, Integration, Differential Equations
- Copy of diploma
- Transcript of records and CGPA of at least 75% of the maximum score, or your country's equivalent
- Course descriptions
- English summary of thesis (BSc or MSc)
- Sufficient mastery of the English language
- Motivation letter (max 1,000 words)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The University of Twente offers excellent students the possibility to enrol in UT master’s programmes with a scholarship. These scholarships vary from government grants to funding by organizations or private persons. In addition, faculties and the University of Twente Scholarship Foundation (UTS) offer a limited number of scholarships to excellent students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.