FAHSS research students are part of a lively community; every student has his/her own research space with individual PC and desk;
Funding is available to research students annually to take part in international conferences and carry out fieldwork/archival visits in Ireland and overseas;
Research degrees develop a wide range of skills which are valued by employers (for example, excellent communication skills (written and oral), and critical/analytical skills);
University of Limerick PhD and MA graduates in Law are employed in a wide range of sectors: education, media and publishing, research and consultancy, civil and public service, business, non-governmental sector, creative arts and media, and politics and local government.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Law of International Trade Organisations
- Law of International Business Associations
- Comparative International Protection of Human Rights Law
- International Business Transactions
- Criminal Justice Processes and Sentencing
- Law of the European Convention of Human Rights
- Penology and Victimology
- Regulatory Crime
- Contemporary Challenges in Medical Law and Ethics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 12 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in Ireland
- Applicants will normally be expected to hold an Honours degree (minimum 2.1) or equivalent in a discipline appropriate to their area of proposed research.
- Entry points may differ for applicants with postgraduate qualifications. Please contact the Course Director for further information.
International12884 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12884 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5912 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5912 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
FundingApplying for a ScholarshipInformation on the application process will be available shortly. The value of each scholarship is €2,000. The successful candidates will receive the scholarship in the form of a reduced fee. The Scholarships will be allocated by the faculties on the basis of financial need and personal statement from the applicants.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.