The Master in Wealth Management at the University of Luxembourgt was developed together with the Luxembourg financial centre, in particular the Luxembourg Bankers’ Association Private Banking Group Luxembourg (PBGL), and meets the highest international standards. It prepares students for the job market in different wealth management contexts with an emphasis on the Luxembourg financial centre.
During their second year, students undertake an internship, concluded by a business case project report, or a Master thesis, giving them the opportunity to take their first steps in the professional world.
5 reasons to study wealth management in Luxembourg
- Gain knowledge, skills and competences to successfully launch your career
- Programme designed to meet highest international standards
- Interdisciplinary approach, including courses in finance, law, taxation and client experience
- Theory and practice: learn from academics and practitioners
- Internship and networking opportunities in Luxembourg, a major international financial centre
Wealth management is a line of business in banks, trusts, insurance companies, foundations and family offices, offering a range of career opportunities, for examples in the areas of portfolio management, investment advisory, compliance, relationship management, estate planning, tax, legal, product management, and others.
Despite the growth the profession, few specialised degree programmes exist. The University of Luxembourg is one of the pioneer Master programmes in the field.
Through the optional internship, teaching by professionals as well as additional opportunities for networking with the industry in Luxembourg, students are able to connect with potential employers during their studies, paying the way for successful career entry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The curriculum is designed around the principal dimensions of the wealth management business, including investment products, investor preferences and client attributes, as well as essential additional topics, such as legal structures, taxation, strategy, governance and compliance.
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Theory
- Investment Products
- Advanced Investment Products
- Investor Topics
- Tax and Legal Topics
- Alternative Investment Products
- Client Topics
- Advanced Client Topics
- Law and Compliance
- Advanced Topics in Finance
- Master thesis
Applicants need to have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (180 ECTS) in economics, finance, business, management, mathematics, social sciences, or a related discipline.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Full Bachelor (or other) degree transcript, incl. an official English translation if the original is not in English.
- Undergraduate diploma or other confirmation of completion (if diploma not yet available), incl. an official English translation if the original is not in English
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter/personal statement
- Additional documents, such as copy of passport or identity card, photo, etc. may be required by the student services department (SEVE).
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 200 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 200 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.