New construction standards are continuously set as skyscrapers become higher, bridges span longer and tunnels go deeper. If you want to be a part of this development, a study within Structural and Civil Engineering will be of interest to you!
The Master’s programme in Structural and Civil engineering at Aalborg University concerns the design and analysis of buildings and infrastructures. This includes land-based structures, offshore installations, harbours, coastal protection as well as structural design of devices for alternative energy.
There is furthermore an increasing demand for safety against environmental hazards such as earthquakes, floods and wind. With a Structural and Civil Engineering degree, you will be well prepared to deal with this.
At Aalborg University, each semester consists of three courses and one project. At Structural and Civil Engineering, you will have classes together with Danish students, and you will form groups of 4-7 students who write the project together. Hence, you will improve your qualifications within teamwork, just as the project work will be a very good way of creating a network with your fellow students.
Job and career
With a degree as a civil engineer from Aalborg University, many professional fields are open to you. You may for instance obtain work as a consulting engineer, a practicing engineer or as a teacher at a university etc. Aalborg University cooperates with industry - both private and public. Hence, through your studies here, you can gain valuable contacts for when you have finished your degree.
Many civil engineers obtain employment in the construction industry where they are responsible for calculations, choice of building materials and inspection of the building site for security purposes among others. Thus, civil engineers hold vast responsibilities and hence, they must be thoroughly educated. You can obtain this education at Aalborg University.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Analysis and Design of Load-Bearing Structures
- Structural Mechanics and Dynamics
- Material Modelling in Civil Engineering
- Fluid and Water Wave Dynamics
- The Excitation and Foundation of Marine Structures
- Coastal, Offshore and Port Engineering
- Risk and Reliability in Engineering
- Choose between Advanced Structural Engineering or Advanced Soil Mechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 7 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to the programme requires a Bachelor’s degree in Structural and Civil Engineering or the like. Each applicant is evaluated individually.Applicants with one of the following degrees are entitled to admission:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil Engineering with specialisation in Structural and Civil Engineering), Aalborg University
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil Engineering; Structural and Civil Engineering)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Aalborg University (Campus Esbjerg)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with specialisation in Structural and Civil Engineering, Aalborg University (Campus Aalborg)
International13514 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6757 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.