Construction and operation of buildings are responsible for more than 40% of the energy and material consumption in the world today. An engineer specialising in Indoor Environmental and Energy Engineering can reduce this consumption considerably by optimal design of the building and the building envelope, choice of materials, utilisation of different kinds of renewable energy and optimisation of the operation of the building.
During the Aalborg University's study programme in Indoor Environmental and Energy Engineering, you can work with subjects such as
- Simulation of indoor climate
- Energy consumption
- Air currents
- Ventilation plants
Job and career
Graduates from Indoor Environmental and Energy Engineering have many possible career paths, both in companies and authorities, and have well-developed skills for working with others from different professional and cultural backgrounds. Examples of where our graduates work:
- R&D in the private and public sector
- Danish Technological Institute
- Contracting industry
- Consulting Engineering companies
- In EU working with patenting.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Modelling of Energy Transport in Buildings and HVAC Systems
- Numerical Methods
- Control and Analysis of Building Energy Systems
- Introduction to Problem-Based Learning and Indoor Environmental Engineering
- Integrated Design of Buildings and Building Services
- Advanced Modelling of Natural and Hybrid Ventilation
- Integrated Building Energy Design
- Sustainable Energy Systems: Economics, Environment, and Public Regulation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 15 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Denmark
Admission to the Master’s program in Indoor Environmental Engineering requires a Bachelor’s degree in Indoor Environmental Engineering or the like.
Students with another Bachelor's degree, upon application to the Board of Studies, will be admitted after a specific academic assessment if the applicant is deemed to have comparable educational prerequisites. The University can stipulate requirements concerning conducting additional exams prior to the start of study.
International13514 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6757 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.