Hence, it draws on a multicultural educational environment with students coming from all around the world and with different educational background. Politics and Economics of Contemporary Eastern and Southeastern Europe programme from University of Macedonia covers a wide array of topics offered through a wide choice of courses drawing on the main disciplines of social science, namely political science (politics and public policy), economics, social and political anthropology, international law, and cultural studies.
In that respect, it offers a critical and multidisciplinary analysis of all current issues in the region, such as the politics and economics of transition, EU integration and domestic reform, ethnic conflicts and security problems, human rights and migration crises, international law, business and trade in Eastern and South Eastern Europe.
- Politics and Society in Eastern and Southeastern Europe
- Economics in Eastern and Southeastern Europe
- ΕU Integration: Eastern and Southeastern Europe
- Empirical Methods in Social Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All applications must be accompanied by supporting documents.
- A personal statement of purpose (stating why you want to participate in this program and describing future career plans).
- A curriculum vitae.
- Certified copies of first degree and related transcripts (course marks), translated into either English or Greek where necessary.
- Proof of proficiency in English.
- Two letters of recommendation (of which at least one must be from a faculty member of the university from which you graduated).
Living costs for Thessaloníki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.