The interdisciplinary Statistics and Data Science programme at KU Leuven has teaching grounded in internationally recognised research. You will be trained intensively by experts in both the broad theoretical and the practical aspects of statistics. The programme will teach you how to apply statistical methodology. You will gain all the necessary experience and insight to be confident within any situation to quickly and efficiently complete any given problem.Strengths:
• You will learn from experts about statistics and data science in biometrics, in social behavioural and educational sciences, in business, in industry , in a more theoretical setting , and official statistics.
• The master is offered by the Leuven Statistics Research Centre of KU Leuven (LStat), a privileged meeting space for statistics and data science researchers from a range of different domains and a stimulating environment for multidisciplinary statistical and data science research. The master is accredited by the UK Royal Statistical Society to add greater prestige to your qualification.
The applications of statistics and data science are very diverse, just like your professional options. As a highly skilled statistician and data science expert, you'll be recruited by industry, banks or government institutions. Many graduates go on to designing clinical trials and supporting the biomedical sector, coaching research for new medicines, setting up and analysing psychological tests and surveys, performing financial risk analyses, statistically managing R&D projects and quality controls, or developing statistical software.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science Communication and Outreach
- Science and Sustainability: a Socio-Ecological Approach
- Social, Behavioral and Educational Statistics
- Business Statistics
- You have the ability to autonomously build a discourse based on disciplinary insights.
- You have the ability to contextualise and critically process scientific information.
- You have the knowledge of research methods and techniques and the ability to apply them within statistical disciplines, insight and involvement in ethical and societal questions.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Most recent information on the programme website
International947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 947 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 947 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.