The student can choose from various fields of specialisation, such as statistics and data science for biometrics, statistics and data science for social behavioural and educational sciences, statistics and data science for business, statistics and data science for industry, methodology for statistics and data science, official statistics, or an interdisciplinary statistics and data science profile.
Career after the master in Statistics and Data Science programme at KU Leuven
The applications of statistics and data science are very diverse, just like your professional options. As a highly skilled statistician and data science expert, you'll be recruited by industry, banks or government institutions. Many graduates go on to designing clinical trials and supporting the biomedical sector, coaching research for new medicines, setting up and analysing psychological tests and surveys, performing financial risk analyses, statistically managing R&D projects and quality controls, or developing statistical software.
Privacy and Big Data
Science Communication and Outreach
Science and Sustainability: a Socio-Ecological Approach
Fundamental Concepts of Statistics
- You have the ability to autonomously build a discourse based on disciplinary insights.
- You have the ability to contextualise and critically process scientific information.
- You have the knowledge of research methods and techniques and the ability to apply them within statistical disciplines, insight and involvement in ethical and societal questions.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 5 other Masters in Statistics in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To apply for the Master of Science in Statistics, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of an academic bachelor’s degree with ordinary at least two courses in introductory statistics.
Results of a GRE/GMAT test should be submitted with your application.
Applicants should provide brief course descriptions of the statistical, mathematical and otherwise quantitative courses that they followed during their prior higher education.
- As courses are taught in English, proven proficiency in English is required for non-native English speakers.
- The admission committee may propose to discuss an application with an applicant via a brief skype interview.
International1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.