Core modules will give you a foundation in topics like systems programming and algorithms, as well as the basics of machine learning and knowledge representation. You’ll also choose from optional modules focusing on topics like bio-inspired computing or text analytics, or broaden your approach with topics like mobile app development.
You’ll gain a broad perspective on intelligent systems, covering evolutionary models, statistical and symbolic machine learning algorithms, qualitative reasoning, image processing, language understanding and bio-computation as well as essential principles and practices in the design, implementation and usability of intelligent systems.
You’ll benefit from world-class facilities to support your learning, including:
- a state-of the art cloud computing lab with a 10-node cluster
- a large High Performance Computing (HPC) resource consisting of several clusters which are used for all forms of predictive modelling, data analysis and simulation
- a visualisation lab including a Powerwall, benchtop display with tracking system, WorldViz PPT optical tracking system and Intersense InertiaCube orientation tracker
- Ascension Flock of Birds tracking systems, three DOF and 6DOF Phantom force feedback devices
- Twin Immersion Corp CyberGloves
- rendering cluster and labs containing both Microsoft and Linux platforms, among others.
Computing is an essential component of nearly every daily activity, from the collection and processing of information in business, through to smart systems embedded in devices, image processing in medical diagnosis and the middleware that underpins distributed technologies like cloud computing and the semantic web.
This Advanced Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) degree from University of Leeds will give you the practical skills to enter many areas of applied computing, working as application developers, system designers and evaluators. Links between the taught modules and our research provide our students with added strengths in artificial intelligence, intelligent systems, distributed systems, and the analysis of complex data. As a result, you’ll be well-prepared for a range of careers, as well as further research at PhD level.
Graduates have found success in a wide range of careers working as business analysts, software engineers, web designers and developers, systems engineers, information analysts and app developers. Others have pursued roles in consultancy, finance, marketing and education, or set up their own businesses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data Systems
- Data Science
- Programming for Data Science
- Data Mining and Text Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 630 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in computer science. Other Computing based degrees may be considered on a case by case basis.
- We require all applicants to have studied a breadth of relevant modules including significant programming, systems development, data structures and algorithms, with strong marks across all these modules.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.