If you're interested in a career in the fascinating and challenging world of drug design, this Drug Design and Biomedical Science at the Edinburgh Napier University is the course that will take you there.
Rather than presenting just one of the disciplines used in the field, this postgraduate degree, unique in Europe, blends the subjects you need - biomedicine and pharmaceutical science - into one comprehensive course that focuses on the integration of modern organomedicinal chemistry and molecular biology.
- Drug discovery and/or drug design
- A laboratory-based career with global pharmaceutical companies, developing biotechnology companies, contract drug testing, hospitals, NHS, local government or health and safety divisions
- Further studies at PhD level are available at institutions all over the world leading to an academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Immunology
- Biotechnology and Drug Discovery
- Current Practice in Drug Development
- Drug Design and Chemotherapy
- Molecular Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Quality Control & Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Research Project
- Research Skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Bioinformatics View 173 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United Kingdom
- The entry requirement for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at a 2:2 or above, or equivalent. We look for applicants to have a background in Bio-Molecular Sciences such as biological sciences, biotechnology, biomedical sciences, chemistry, pharmacology, pharmaceutical, genetics, virology etc. in order to be eligible for the programme.
International16875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16875 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6525 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland: £6,525
- Overseas and EU £16,875
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.