- With emphasis on interdisciplinary research and the Department’s thrust toward public service and extension, the MS Geography program at University of the Philippines Diliman employs critical approach toward the spatial understandings of space, place, and landscape, which is complemented by methods courses to equip graduate students with the fundamental, conceptual, and practical tools needed for developing ethical and innovative research and/or service-learning engagement.
- The advanced curriculum includes courses in the theoretical foundations of the discipline, spatial analysis, human and cultural geography, natural hazards and disaster management, environmental resource management, urban ecology, regional geographic planning, population geography, and geographic information science (GIScience), that can leverage student employability in different job sectors. These courses are geared to equip students with the necessary skills in doing research activities as they work to analyze and solve the physical and socioeconomic problems of our societies.
- Field Geography
- Geographic Thought. Concepts
- Spatial Analysis
- Marine Geography
- Applied Climatology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning; GWA at a grade not lower than 3.00, to be set by the unit;
- Intellectual capacity and aptitude for advanced studies and research
- Language proficiency; and
- Satisfaction of additional University requirements such as health clearance and other special admission requirements that may be imposed by the unit concerned and/or appropriate Graduate Committee/ Office.
International1122 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National1122 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34 EUR per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Quezon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.