How do neurotechnologies affect our view of human identity and free will? How far can we go with climate engineering, and who should decide? How are algorithms shaping the choices we make every day, and is that what we want?
The programme in Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society offered by University of Twente (UT) is all about tackling tough questions like these. An academic programme unlike any other in the world, this degree is open to students with a background in engineering as well as philosophy or social sciences: whatever your Bachelor’s, PSTS will equip you with the competencies to examine, evaluate and improve the interactions between technology and society.
In the PSTS Master’s programme you will learn to analyse and evaluate the impact of science and technology on society from a philosophical and multidisciplinary perspective.
Academics and professionals who possess these skills are in high demand on today’s job market. As a PSTS graduate, you will be able to offer employers wide-ranging expertise, combining knowledge of the latest technological developments with the skills to philosophically and methodically reflect on these technologies.
This programme hold NVAO accreditation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of Technology
- Science and Technology Studies
- Philosophical Theories and Methods
- History Of Science And Technology
- Ethics and Technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSociology Philosophy & Ethics General Engineering & Technology View 57 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advanced Technology, Aerospace Engineering, Applied Earth Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Applied Psychology, Architecture and Construction Engineering, Architecture, Urbanism & Building Sciences, Bedrijfskunde, Bestuurskunde/Overheidsmanagement, Biologie en Medisch Laboratoriumonderzoek, Biology & Medical Laboratory Research, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Technology, Bouwkunde, Bouwtechnische Bedrijfskunde, Business Information Technology,
- - (Applied) Natural Sciences, Engineering Science,
- - Social Science,
- - Philosophy,
Or: Any other discipline, with an emphasis on the exactnatural sciences, or social sciences or technology and a focus on the application of technology in a particular professional area or on technical interventions in social systems.
- Good writing skills / Computer skills.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- EU/EA:€ 1.523
- Non EU/EA: € 12.250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.