In the Advanced Computer Science (Cloud Computing) degree from University of Leeds, you’ll gain a foundation in topics like systems programming and algorithms, as well as specialist modules in advanced distributed systems – especially cloud techniques, technologies and applications.
Building on your existing knowledge of computer science, you’ll also choose from optional modules in topics across computer science. You could look at emerging approaches to human interaction with computational systems, big data systems and data mining among others.
The programme will give you the theoretical and practical skills required to design and implement larger, more complex systems using state-of-the-art technologies. You’ll even have the chance to work as an integral member of one of our research groups when you develop your main project.
You will benefit from our excellent links with the Cloud Computing industry and during your studies you may have the chance to attend seminars given by colleagues from professional practice. Our Industry links include:
- Alibaba Cloud
- Focuses on both theory and practice so that you can understand and implement cloud computing applications and architectures.
- Provides a close link to research by the Distributed Systems and Services research group in the School of Computing and the Leeds Institute for Data Analytics.
- Supports the development of both your technical and professional skills to underpin personal development and future career success.
You’ll benefit from world-class facilities to support your learning, including:
- a state-of the art computing lab with a 96-node cluster
- a large High Performance Computing (HPC) resource consisting of several clusters which are used for all forms of predictive modelling, data analysis and simulation
- a visualisation lab including a Powerwall, benchtop display with tracking system, WorldViz PPT optical tracking system and Intersense InertiaCube orientation tracker
- rendering cluster and labs containing both Microsoft and Linux platforms, among others
It’s an exciting environment in which to gain a range of skills and experience cutting-edge technology.
- Big Data Systems
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Programming for Data Science
- Data Mining and Text Analytics
- Scientific Computation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Artificial Intelligence View 208 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in computer science. Other Computing based degrees may be considered on a case by case basis.
- We require all applicants to have studied a breadth of relevant modules including significant programming, systems development, data structures and algorithms, with strong marks across all these modules.
- Relevant work experience will also be considered.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.