Staff members have strong links with local criminal justice agencies and community organisations as well as extensive comparative and international expertise, providing for a unique student experience. Key research strengths of the teaching staff lie in the following areas:
- Community Safety and Crime Prevention
- Prisoner Reintegration
- Restorative Justice
- Sex Offending
- Anti-Social Behaviour
- Crime and the Life Course
The Criminology and Criminal Justice at Queen's University Belfast is designed to appeal to prospective students with an academic or professional interest in criminology or criminal justice. It enables students to understand the motivations for offending as well as the practical operation of criminal justice and how the state responds to criminality and victimisation.
We are dedicated to student employability and our strong industry links mean over 94% of Queen's postgraduates are in employment or further study six months after graduation.
This degree will be of considerable relevance and interest to those who are already employed in criminal justice-related work in fields such as legal practice, government, non-governmental organisations, as well as equipping those who have just completed undergraduate degrees to develop the knowledge and skills to pursue criminal justice-related careers or undertake advanced level study.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Criminology
- Controlling Crime
- Criminal Justice Processes
- Approaches to Legal Research
- Criminology Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 111 other Masters in Criminal Law in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or above or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in Law, Social Sciences, Humanities or a cognate discipline.
- Exemption from these requirements may be considered for those applicants who hold a Master's degree (or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University) OR for those applicants with a 2.2 Honours degree (or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University) along with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £6,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.