This Professional Practice in Health Sciences MSc course offered by the University of Southampton for clinicians and non-clinicians, is designed to support your development as a healthcare worker. It offers a precise fit for your clinical career path. If you’re a non-clinician, you’ll be able to study the service you manage. You'll also be well prepared for higher level healthcare roles when you graduate.
You’ll learn to:
- develop a learning programme relevant to your chosen area
- work independently to create solutions to practice-based problems or analyse a health-related topic
- interpret, analyse and present highly complex information
- demonstrate extensive knowledge of the current health and social care policy relevant to your interest, along with the ability to apply this with initiative and originality
- analyse influences on professional practice or ideology including research, legislation and governance
- reflect on the quality and influence you’ve brought to improving patient care
This build-your-own UK master’s in Professional Practice in Health Sciences gives you the academic credentials to apply for more senior level healthcare roles.
- MSc Dissertation
- Research Methods for Evidence Based Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 1966 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a 2.2 degree in a relevant subject from a clinical, health or science background.
- If you don’t have an undergraduate degree you may still be able to apply. You’ll need to show evidence of one of the following: accredited study within the last 5 years at a higher education institution at level 6, passed at 50% or above; evidence of recent non accredited study as a practitioner in a relevant professional role; successful completion of a module studied at master’s level.
- You may be offered a conditional place on the course if you can show you have the equivalent of undergraduate degree course outcomes. You’ll then gain unconditional acceptance if you successfully pass your first master’s level module as set out by your course lead.
International12200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24400 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National4625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU and international students pay £24,400.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.