Management (Public Sector Management) from The University of the West Indies will equip you with general and specialised skills in contemporary management that will give you the edge in our increasingly competitive environment.
The Master of Science in Management (MSc Management), which offers specialisations in General Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management and Public Sector Management, is intended to meet the demand in the region for more qualified persons to provide effective leadership in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
Students at Management (Public Sector Management) from The University of the West Indies will:
- make strategic management decisions
- formulate innovate strategies for solving real world problems and challenges
- motivate employees
- satisfy customers
- maximise the benefits accruing to their organisations
- Management Essentials
- Sustainable Financial Management
- Management Information Systems
- Critical Analytical and Communication Skills for Managers
- Law and Public Affairs
- Ethics and the Public Sector Manager
- The Role of Government in National Development
- Managing Public-Private Sector Partnerships
- Policy Formulation and Implementation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Transport Management Public Policy View 12 other Masters in Management Studies in Jamaica
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of the West Indies and/or in Jamaica, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An undergraduate degree (at least a Lower Second Class or its equivalent) from an approved tertiary institution
- Holders of the Graduate Diploma in Management Studies may transition into the programme as per Board for Graduate Studies and Research Regulations.
- Signed copy of the Application Receipt inclusive of passport size photograph (required for all online applications).
- Proof of Payment of non-refundable Application Processing Fee (i.e. US$15 or its equivalent in local currency)
- Birth Certificate OR Valid Passport OR Valid National Identification Card
- Legal Affidavit or Deed Poll (if present name or date of birth on your supporting documents is different from that on the Birth Certificate)
- All Academic Certificates (e.g. GCE, CXC, High School Diploma etc)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Official transcripts
- Two (2) Referee Reports
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief Statement of Intent
- TOEFL or IELTS Examination Score
International4510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 220 USD per credit during 24 months.
National4510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 220 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.