Testing, Measurement and Evaluation from The University of the West Indies is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in the theory and application of assessment practices, measurement and evaluation methodologies and statistical techniques that will allow them to enhance their classroom teaching experience or to pursue careers at regional or international testing and assessment organisations.
Students at Testing, Measurement and Evaluation from The University of the West Indies will:
- Improve their classroom assessment skills
- Work as Psychometricians at a Local (e.g., TVET Council), Regional (e.g., CXC) or International (e.g., ETS) testing organisation
- Work as Assessment Education Officers
- Prepare for careers as Testing and Measurement lecturers in a tertiary institution
- Classroom Assessment
- Psychometric Theory
- Performance-based Assessment
- Programme Evaluation
- Quantitative and Qualitative methods in Education
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 9 other Masters in Teaching in Barbados
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of the West Indies and/or in Barbados, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor’s degree of at least Lower Second Class Honours and the Diploma in Education of The University of the West Indies or any other diploma or certificate in Education acceptable to the School of Education;
- A Bachelor’s degree with courses in Education acceptable to the School of Education;
- A Bachelor’s degree and a Teacher’s College Certificate that are both acceptable to the School of Education;
- The Bachelor of Education Degree of the UWI or
- Any qualification deemed to be equivalent by the appropriate committee of the Faculty of Humanities and Education.
- Application Processing Fee
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
International18525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18525 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- International students Part-Time: 9525 USD
- UGC-Funded for national students: BDS$ 6,000.00 and 3,000.00 for part time option per year.
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.