This Education Management and Leadership MSc course offered by the University of Southampton is for teachers and those working in administrative positions in education who are looking for the leadership and research skills to make a positive change. You’ll learn how to identify opportunities for improvement within an educational institution, making decisions based on research and with a focus on outcomes.
Leaders in education are expected to introduce continuous change within their organisation, you’ll understand how this impacts an academic institution or school and the people within it. To give you versatility in the profession, we look at a variety of learning environments within the public and private sector, as well as how educational leadership theories can be used by both teachers and leaders in schools, and educational practitioners outside of schools. During this MSc educational leadership course, you’ll learn how to:
- examine different teaching and learning methods
- conduct reliable education research and reflect upon emerging research
- apply your learning of leadership theories to your practice
- assess contemporary issues in the area of educational leadership
- examine core management practices to educational institutions
You’ll learn about policies and research on a national and international level. During the course, you'll collate and evaluate the research you’ve found in order to communicate outcomes in a clear and convincing way.
Your other MSc Education pathway options are:
- Education - you'll learn teaching & learning methods, and how to conduct & analyse educational research.
- Education (Practice and Innovation) - study different teaching and learning methods and learn how to conduct and analyse educational research in the fields of innovation and inclusive practice.
Students who have completed the MSc in educational leadership and management have gone on to become educational practitioners, educational officers or senior academic leaders within their institutions both in the UK and internationally.
- Learning and Teaching
- Understanding Education Research
- Globalisation and Internationalisation in Education
- Learning and Digital Literacies
- School Effectiveness and Improvement
- Inclusion and Social Justice in Action
- Leadership in Education
- Policy and Curriculum
- Organisation and Governance of Educational Institutions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 974 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a 2:1 degree, and will need to supply evidence that you have appropriate experience in education.
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU and international students pay £21,000.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.