Learn how to convert innovation and creativity into business success through effective design management. Taught by experts with extensive research experience and industry knowledge, this degree opens up career possibilities in a wide range of sectors.
You’ll gain an understanding of the whole design management cycle, from the identification of market trends and use of research to inform the design process, through to branding, marketing, after-sales and product recycling.
The MA Design Management at University of Southampton is taught by academics with industry experience and research expertise, including specialist knowledge of the relationship between design and finance, and design and law. They use interactive activities such as practical mini projects, study visits to London museums and a simulation workshop to consolidate your learning. In addition, guest lectures by external practitioners offer industry insights and a chance to build your networks. Taught within a creative art school environment, the course offers the academic rigour that you would expect from a Russell Group university, and you’ll graduate with knowledge and skills that will enable you to advance in a wide range of sectors.
The MA Design Management will prepare you for a role in design management, brand management, design research and other managerial positions that relate to the product or service design process
Our graduates have gone on to work for in-house design teams at major companies such as Evian, Tank Innovation, iFLY TEK and Apple, and for market research companies and television companies. Some have become university lecturers and others are undertaking PhDs. Former students have also set up their own design management consultancies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional and Academic Skills
- Strategic Design Management and Marketing
- Design Management
- Sustainability in Business and Design
- Creative Thinking and Problem Solving
- Digital Cultures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1462 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- The admissions policy for MA Design Management is based on students having a good honours degree in a relevant subject (2.2 or above) or an equivalent standard in other qualifications approved by the University.
- If you have professional experience, or credit through prior learning at another institution, you may be eligible to use this experience against some of the programme requirements for period of study. You will need to present evidence that you have met the learning outcomes of the programme. Full details can be found in the University’s Policy on the Recognition of Prior Learning .
International18812 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18812 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.