Development processes of sophisticated software systems are also crucial. You will be trained to combine a scientific mind-set with specialist technical knowledge. You will also learn to design, analyse, validate and implement state-of-the-art ICT systems in their operational context.
As a master’s student in Computer Science programme offered by University of Twente (UT) , you will engage in in-depth study of wireless and sensor systems, computer security and formal methods for reliability. At the same time, you will focus on more fundamental aspects of information technology, such as software engineering and information systems. Many students are co-author of scientific reports, for example for the Digital Society Insitute.
The job market remains vibrant for computer science professionals. Our graduates find employment in ICT R&D, IT management and IT consulting, in settings that range from small companies to major multinationals. Many start their own business, go to work for government agencies or pursue a PhD.
Typical jobs could be:
- (Cyber) Security Consultant
- Security Analyst
- (Information) Security Architect
- Data Scientist
- Web Service Engineer
- Software Developer
- Verification Engineer
The programme holds NVAO accreditation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can choose one of four specialisations:
- Cyber Security, also available as a double degree
- Data Science & Technology
- Software Technology.
- Internet Science & Technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 60 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Information Technology or an equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of the following topics; at least 60 ECTS credits in Computer Science containing: Object Oriented Programming, Computer Organisation/Architecture, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Databases, Algorithms and Data Structures.
Required information to prove the fulfillment of the requirement
- Copy of diploma
- Transcript of records and CGPA of at least 70% of the maximum score, or your country's equivalent
- Course descriptions
- English summary of thesis (BSc or MSc)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.