The twenty-six month Master of Science in Endodontics program is designed to prepare the student for all aspects of the practice of endodontics. The clinical program is modeled on a private practice, state-of-the-art facility. The didactic program prepares the resident for a career in endodontics which includes practice, teaching, and/or research. The program is fully accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). Our core belief is that a strong evidence-based scientific background prepares our residents for the challenges of the current practice environment and Diplomate status reflects the commitment to our chosen profession.
The master's thesis project is designed to obtain results suitable for publication in a reputable dental journal. The ability to read and understand past and current literature is critical to keeping abreast of the latest advances.
Graduates of the program from West Virginia University will be well prepared to successfully pass the examination conducted by the American Board of Endodontics that leads to Board certification and status of Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics. It is a requirement for every second year resident to take the written component of the ABE and all endodontic residents are encouraged to complete the board certification process.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Education - To impart residents with in-depth knowledge of the biologic and mechanical principles involved in endodontics and to encourage continued learning throughout the professional life of the graduate.
- Objective 1.1 - To graduate endodontists who will seek and successfully complete Diplomate status of the American Board of Endodontics.
- Objective 1.2 - To prepare graduates to enter careers centered on the specialty of endodontics whether in practice, teaching, research, or a combination of the three.
- Patient Care - To graduate residents who will be proficient in endodontics through adequate clinical exposure and broad-based patient case selection.
- Research - To prepare residents able to contribute to the advancement of the endodontic specialty and the dental profession through basic biomedical, behavioral, clinical and educational research.
- Service - To produce graduates who provide quality endodontic care to the public and who establish productive, competent and socially responsible professional careers as health care educators and providers.
- Endodontic Classic Literature Review
- Clinical Endodontics
- Teaching Practicum
- Advanced Topics
- 26 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Dentistry View 1580 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Fulfill University requirements for graduate study.
- Complete 26 months (two academic years plus a summer session) of consecutive full-time advanced study and clinical training at the School of Dentistry.
- Complete an approved master’s thesis based on original research completed during the course of study in an area related to endodontics.
- Pass a final oral examination.
- Complete all didactic and clinical work in the required curriculum successfully.
- Demonstrate satisfactory clinical competency in endodontics.
- Complete the written portion of the American Board of Endodontics examination.
- Complete a minimum of 84 credit hours, including 60 hours of endodontic courses, a minimum of 7 hours of selected basic sciences subjects, 5 hours teaching practicum, and research/thesis (12 hours).
- Achieve a 3.0 GPA or an overall competence in the student’s field.
International35388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17694 USD per semester during 26 months.
National13194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6597 USD per semester during 26 months.
Living costs for Morgantown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.