Translation and Terminology from Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi aims to provide high quality translation services for the local market and European institutions; become acquainted with the rules of interaction functioning in their work environment and, more generally, in the community in which they live; make use of the appropriate strategies for the elaboration of translations and terminological documents;
The successful completion of the programme is concretized in an MA diploma in translation and terminology, which enables graduates to work as professionals in the institutions, firms, companies, publishing houses, etc. requiring translation services or as trainers for such programmes.
- Translation Studies
- Specialised translation (translations of various legal, economic, EU, technical, medical text-types)
- Computer-assisted translation;
- European institutions: translation as a profession in these institutions;
- Practical training in companies, translation bureaus, etc.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Translation & Interpreting View 6 other Masters in Language Studies in Romania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- One application form duly filled in, with photo;
- Copy of the document certifying the permanent residence in the home country;
- High School Graduation Diploma (Baccalaureate) and Academic Transcript for the high school studies – certified copies
- Graduation Diploma for Bachelor studies and Academic Transcript/Diploma Supplement for BA/BSc studies– certified copies;
- Birth certificate – certified copy;
- Passport - copy;
- Medical certificate (in an international language) to prove that the candidate does not suffer from infectious diseases or other illnesses that are incompatible with the future profession;
- Language certificate.
International250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 250 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 250 EUR per year during 24 months.
2.700 RON per year
Living costs for Iasi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.