Postgraduate education and research is directed at the application of the methods and ideas of engineering and the physical and biological sciences in medicine and surgery.
We have a particular emphasis on clinically-related research which ranges from basic investigations to direct clinical applications. Much of our research is based on active collaboration with clinical units, academic departments and industry in Glasgow along with other areas of the UK and overseas.
Students in the Biomedical engineering programme at the University of Strathclyde play a vital role in the development of innovative research, enjoy state-of-the-art facilities and have the opportunity to network with industrialists, academic experts and clinical collaborators.
Visits to local clinical centres along with lectures from industrialists and visiting experts from the UK and overseas are a key part of our courses. You'll also have the opportunity to meet our many industrial and clinical experts to help advise and further your career.
Our postgraduate education includes research degrees that can be studied over one year (MPhil, MRes) or three years (PhD). Our external research is supported by funding from research councils, the Scottish Government, charities, commerce and industry within the UK, EU and internationally in countries such as the US and Japan.
- Development & manufacture of laser mirror coatings for future gravitational wave observatories & other space applications
- Developing an ultrawide dynamic range analytical platform for biomarker panel analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Physics View 125 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
- A first-class or upper second-class Honours degree in biomedical engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, physical or life sciences.
- If you have previous biomedical engineering or research experience you may register for MPhil degree.
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of 250 to 1,000 words in length, detailing the subject area and topic to be investigated
International25100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4596 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4596 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.