This Speech-Language Pathology program at Rutgers University, which will be completed over five consecutive semesters, emphasizes service delivery for multiethnic, socially diverse populations – including dialectal speakers of English and bilingual/multilingual individuals – with speech, language, communication, and swallowing disorders within an interdisciplinary healthcare context.
Eligible students will have the option of completing the Bilingual Competency Recognition (BCR). With a curricular emphasis on interprofessional services for communicatively-impaired ethnosocially diverse populations, our MSSLP program is expected to train students to work with both child and adult caseloads in our complex multidisciplinary healthcare settings serving our growing multiethnic communities.
- An academic, clinical, and interprofessional curriculum steeped in scientific information and clinical procedures regarding socially, culturally and linguistically diverse populations, including both dialectal and bilingual/multilingual speakers.
- Academic education and clinical training with socially, and multiethnic populations across the lifespan.
- Students who meet additional requirements will have the opportunity to be recognized with Bilingual Competency Recognition.
- Ethnoracial-Social Diversity & Public Health for SLP Practice
- Speech Sound Disorders in Children
- Language Disorders in Young Children
- Neuroscience for SLP Practice
- Clinical Methods and Procedures
- Adult Cognitive Communication Disorders
- Feeding & Swallowing Disorders
- Acquired Language Disorders
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 241 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- Application to the MSSLLP program must be submitted through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 from an undergraduate program accredited in the U.S. or its equivalent
- A personal written statement (1-2 single or double-spaced pages)
- Pre-requisite courses (transcripts, showing proof of completion)
- Clinical Hours (documentation of completed hours of observation with an ASHA-certified SLP)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Students who have graduated from a foreign institution must submit a WES evaluation of their coursework and TOEFL scores along with an official transcript.
International39292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1209 USD per credit during 24 months.
National39292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1209 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State26195 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 806 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.