Why study this course?The Health Data Science programme from University of Birmingham Dubai will allow you to:
- be embedded within a diverse, collaborative, interdisciplinary environment, incorporating academia, industry and healthcare.
- acquire skills in governing health data science, its foundations and effective application within healthcare settings.
- develop an in depth understanding of healthcare systems, their underlying ethics and their governance structures. You will also explore the role of current and potential future applications of health data science in the delivery of patient-centred care, patient-provider interactions and wider aspects of healthcare delivery.
- understand how health data science skills can revolutionise healthcare data and patient-specific genome information for research, clinical care and innovation in the 21st century.
- learn the value of different types of health information, systems and integration, and the role of information related technologies in delivering healthcare.
- gain practical experience of working within diverse, multi-disciplinary environments across the healthcare sector and its associated industries, and develop effective communication and delivery skills within the wider landscape.
This programme will give you clear and compelling experience of working across academic, healthcare and industry sectors, with extensive supervisory and mentoring arrangements to maximise your exposure to these environments. Not only will this prepare you mentally and practically, it will also help identify specific opportunities and contacts for progress into relevant careers pathways.
- Computing Practices in Health Data Science
- Essentials of Mathematics and Statistics
- Data Analytics & Statistical Machine Learning
- Genomics & Next Generation Sequencing
- Epidemiology and Health Informatics
- Integrative Multimodal Data Analytics
- Interdisciplinary Health Data Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 12 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
A 2:1 undergraduate honours degree in biology, mathematics, computer science or other relevant subject.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.