This Data Science programme from University of Birmingham Dubai has been designed to get people from a variety of academic backgrounds up to speed with the state-of-the-art in data science. You'll learn programming and data management skills so that you can collect and manipulate data, advanced techniques for analysing and revealing patterns in data, and visualisation skills so that you can turn large data sets into something decision-makers can make sense of.
Why study Data Science MSc at Birmingham Dubai?
- Global recognition - We offer the same world-class education as in our UK campus by delivering the same high quality curriculum and meticulously similar quality assurance processes.
- International reputation - The School of Computer Science is a truly international place, and our academics specialise in subjects including artificial intelligence and cyber security, which the modern world is built upon. You will be obtaining a first-class education in real-world issues, and will become the person that can develop and lead society and our future.
- Research focused teaching - Our research feeds directly into your teaching ensuring your programme includes the latest developments in Computer Science, such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Cyber Security.
- Excellent career prospects - The broad range of skills you will gain mean you could choose to work in technology consultancy, IT, investment and banking, software development, finance, or join on of the many emerging start-up companies.
- Connections across the world - You will become part of our global community of computer science students across the world meaning you will be connected wherever you go in the world.
A degree gained through completing our MSc Data Science course provides the skills required for a wide range of careers. It will give you a disciplined approach to analysing problems, with the ability to design creative solutions and critically evaluate the results. Employers are impressed by the combination of technical and transferable skills offered by computing graduates, and as such, you might find yourself in a variety of environments in academia, industry, research and commercial organisations.
These qualities, plus the prestige of a degree from a leading World Class University, make our graduates attractive to companies in the engineering sector worldwide as well as those in finance, consultancy and commerce.
- Algorithms for Data Science
- Current Topics in Data Science
- Data Science Project
- Data Science Group Project
- Programming in Data Science
- Storing and Managing Data
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 22 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
2:1 Honours degree in any subject plus Grade A (or above) in A Level Mathematics or equivalent (if your first degree is not Mathematics). Please upload evidence of this at the point of making your application. We cannot consider your application without this.
International32202 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32202 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National32202 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32202 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.