Our approach at Gdansk University of Technology is design-oriented with a solid theoretical background. The issues of urban, regional, and transboundary planning, strategic planning, urban regeneration, new planning tools are also included in the Spatial Development (Urbanism) program.
Our graduates are prepared to work in planning offices and agencies, both public and private, across Poland and other European countries and beyond (eg. the US), public administrations at every level (local, regional, national and European); they can advise investment banks, developers, local communities and civic society organization; they are able to act as experts in consulting and development companies; they are also prepared to work for the EU institutions.
Our Spatial Development program is the only one in Poland that specializes in urbanism.
Our academic staff has wide practical and academic experience in Poland and abroad and is able to guide the students through contemporary spatial development and urbanism issues, tackling both practical problems and theories.
We collaborate with many European and global universities within the framework of Erasmus Plus; we exchange experience with Polish universities. We do have also wide international cooperation with universities all over the world: among others US, Canada, Brasil, countries in Africa, Asia especially in China, and Australia. We offer lectures given by our experienced faculty as well as visiting professors from abroad. We organized international planning workshops and summer schools and invite students to participate in the activities of the Society of Polish Town Planners.
- Urban Planning
- Development of Spatial Structures
- Urban Planning and Design
- Comprehensive Urban Planning - Theory and Practice
- Environment Protection and Sustainable Development
- Systems Theory
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor diploma which entitles you to apply for master degree in a country where bachelor diploma was awarded
- Transcript of records with an official grading scale
- Eligibility Confirmation
- Diploma's Legalization/Apostille - the validation of the document for international usage.
- International English Certificate confirming English proficiency at least B2 level or Statement issued by university confirming English as medium of instruction during the previous study cycle
International2650 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1325 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- Tuition fee for international students per semester: 6 000 PLN
Living costs for Gdansk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.