The MBAI will give students insight in three main domains, which are applications of AI, Business Analytics and Management issues. Designed for graduates of Commerce or Business undergraduate degrees, this course-based professional Master program builds upon the core functional knowledge learned at the undergraduate level with a focus on advanced analytics and AI solutions to business problems. Learn more with this master in Business Analytics and AI at University of Ontario Institute of Technology.
About this program
The first of its kind in Durham Region, the MBAI is a market-driven degree in an in-demand field at the intersection of technology and business. Graduates from this program will be equipped with the skills, knowledge and networks needed to succeed in today’s workplace as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-evolving workplace of the future. Students will be able to develop their strengths in digital economy, data analytics and artificial intelligence, all while building community and expanding connections with reputable industry partners.
With over 2.5 quintillion bytes of data created every day, the need for graduates who understand how to work with data and help make sense of business, society and the planet is bigger than ever. Graduates will learn how to use the tools necessary to help leading organizations make sense of the past and predict the future using advanced analytics and AI. They will also be trained in how to manage the legal, ethical and moral issues surrounding the use of digital information in its many forms, including sensor data, images, text, voice and video.
By the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Design and construct appropriate analytics solutions to solve business problems for data-driven decision making.
- Conceptualize and produce impactful presentations to communicate complex information to various stakeholders using data driven storytelling.
- Examine, adapt, and appraise machine learning and AI models for business problems using commercial and open sourced technologies.
- Systematically examine implications of analytic models from multiple perspectives including identifying issues’ strategic value, business ethics, bias, privacy, trustworthiness and fairness.
- Analyze data and use principles of database design implementation and administration.
- Critically examine data quality and combine multiple data sources and formats in preparation of ingesting data into analytics models.
- Create solutions using AI and analytics in new and existing business processes.
- Systematically appraise and contract the significance and reliability of competing models and analytics methodologies.
- Develop an understanding of the complexity of a complete data modelling project lifecycle from recognition and scoping to model maintenance.
- Artificial Intelligence Programming
- Big Data Systems Design
- Business Analytics
- Digital Transformation
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Analytics and AI
- Programming and Data Processing
- Security, Privacy and Trust in AI Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics View 36 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a four-year honours degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution in the same area of graduate study or a closely related subject.
- Overall academic standing of at least a B average (GPA: 3.0 on a 4.3 scale or 73 to 76 per cent), with a minimum B average in the last two full-time years (four semesters) of undergraduate work or equivalent.
International19166 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19166 CAD per year during 12 months.
National7579 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7579 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.