Sociology of Education from Ankara University designates the points of educational sicences intersecting sociology, antropology, history and philosophy as its field of study. The program also enables foreign students to have postgraduate education.
Students at Sociology of Education from Ankara University will:
- know basic concepts of sociology of education;
- consider the matters related education and society within sociological, anthropological, historical and philosophical perspective;
- analyze the data, documents and sources by using scientific research methods;
- consider basic topics of sociology of education within a theoretical perspective;
- develop suitable research strategies in the field of study;
- have an effective part both in personal and group studies.
- Critical Education
- Art And Education
- İnternational Applied Social Studies
- Educational Research
- Sociology And Writing Education
- History Of Education
- Qualitative Inquiry In Education
- Selected Texts In Philosophy Of Education
- Historical Theories Of Education
- Technology, Society And Education
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ankara University and/or in Turkey, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Foreign candidates must have an undergraduate diploma of Educational or Social Sciences disciplines in their countries and Turkish students must have an undergraduate diploma of Education Faculties or Faculties of Literature (or social sciences departments of former Faculties of Science and Literature) with at least 2.00 out of 4.00 CGPA undergradute degree or an equivalent degree out of 100.
- Candidates must be gradauted from an English medium university; or they must have at least 96 from TOEFL IBT exam, or at least 78 from PEARSON PTE, or at least C from CPE, or at least A from CAE or at least 70 from YDS exam.
- Turkish candidates must have a minimum score of 55 from ALES (National Graduate Education Science Exam).
- For foreign candidates, exam result certificates of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) go for ALES certificates.
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.