The Advanced Materials Science programme of National University of Science and Technology (MISIS) also undertakes study of the fundamental physical principles of measurements, modern analytical methods of materials properties study, as well as methods of their production. The program is designed for students who have received a BS degree in solid state physics, materials science, nanomaterials, or metallurgy.
Skills & Competences
The program helps students find appropriate solutions to contemporary scientific problems of materials science, as well as understand the principles of materials design for different purposes, theoretical (thermodynamic, kinetic, structural, etc.) and experimental methods, methods of computer modeling. The program helps choose the optimal regimes of materials production, evaluate preliminary costs of experiments and ways to reduce them, it teaches students to become more effective and efficient in teamwork and apply practical results of their study in real-life setting.
- Atomic structure of solid phases
- Thermodynamics and kinetics in materials science
- Diffusion in solids
- Physical properties of materials
- Corrosion and protection of metals
- Magnetic materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 19 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted as a regular graduate student to a two-year Master’s program at MISIS, an applicant must have earned a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- A scanned copy of the passport biographical page with the Notarized translation into Russian language
- A scanned copy of the Bachelor Diploma Certificate (or equivalent) with the notarized translation into Russian language
- Educational Transcript with the notarized translation into Russian language
- The Statement on standard medical form indicating no contraindications for studying in Russia, with note on results of HIV, tuberculosis and hepatitis tests with notarized translation into Russian language
- Motivational Letter in English
- CV in English
International2952 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2952 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2952 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2952 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 265 000 rubles/per year
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.